I keep a stash of mementos in a little jewelry box next to my bed. It includes such items as my high school ring, a U2 concert ticket stub, and this picture of my twin brother Jimmy and me. It was likely taken around 1980 in the family room of our home in Plantation Florida. I believe the Boston shirts were a gift from our Uncle George and Aunt Peggy who lived up north in New Hampshire. The shorts, on the other hand, were likely a gift from Steve Reubel (I watched 54 last night and these were the same shorts Ryan Phillippe was wearing throughout the movie).
I thought it would be fun to play a game of I Spy with this photo:
- I spy with my little eye two kids who would amazingly grow up to have high self esteem in spite of this picture
- I spy with my little eye a vase shaped like a boot (stylin)!
- I spy with my little eye zodiac symbols on the wall (the third is Leo – everyone in my family was born between July and September 5)
- I spy with my little eye shag carpet (and not in the shall we shag now or shall we shag later sense)
- I spy with my little eye a set of encyclopedias (or as my kids would ask – what are those things?)
- I spy with my little eye support for Boston
- I spy with my little eye an RCA TV (we had to get up and change the channel to one of 3 options – oh the humanity)
- What do you spy?